Yummy Vegetable Parcels
If you like indian-style pakora tastes then this is worth a look
Olive oil or oil of your choice
1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon garam marsala
1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
4 medium carrots, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
3 medium potatoes, chopped same size as carrots
1/4 cup water
Filo pastry sheets
Spray oil of your choice
- Heat approx 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan and add mustard seeds.
- Stire over medium heat until seeds begin to crack/pop.
- Add ginger and onion and stire over medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add a little water if mixture dries out.
- Stir in all dried spices and stock powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, peas, potatoes and water to pan and cover.
- Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring accoasionally and adding a little water if mixture has dried out.
- Spray one sheet filo pastry with spray oil, then add another sheet on top.
- Place 1/4 of the misture along the short side of pastry, fold sides in and roll up like a swiss roll.
- Spray a little oil over the top and place onto a lined cookie-style tray.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 30 mintues or until lightly browned.
- Serve with a yoghurt sauce and chutney, if desired.