Vegetable Fried Rice
Forget the takeaway version – this is so much better!
2 cups cooked rice - brown or basmati
1 cup each of carrots diced, mushrooms diced, capsicum diced, small broccoli florets, small cauliflower florets
1/2 cup frozen peas (or fresh)
1/2 cup frozen beans (or fresh)
1/2 cup frozen corm kernels (or fresh)
1 cup diced onions or sliced shallots
1 teaspoon grated/chopped fresh ginger
1 teasp crushed/chopped garlic
1/4 teasp chinese five spice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped ham or bacon or leftover cooked pork (optional)
- Saute garlic and giner for minute in a large pan with a little oil of your choosing
- Add vegetables and stir fry until cooked to your liking.
- Stir in rice, five spice, add soy suace and mix/toss ingredients together until well combined.
- Serve by itself or add some grilled marinated chicken.
- Great to freeze too for a later date when "you couldn't be bothered cooking".