Make it healthy & hide loads of beans and veggies in your mix!
1 x 420g can of kidney beans (or 3 bean mix, cannelli beans - whatever you have) - mashed up if you have fussy eaters
250g 5 star/very lean beef mince
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 small onion finely diced
1 x 415 can crushed tomatoes
1 cup grated/finely processed carrots
1 cup grated/finely processed cauliflower
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable stock powder
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- Drain tinned beans, mash up to hide them if you have to.
- In a large frying pan add a small amount of cooking oil and saute mince, garlic and onion until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, veggies, stock powder and taco seasoning and stir well.
- Fold in beans (whole or mashed) and simmer/cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular sized tacos - you could also have this in wraps or mountain bread like a burrito.
- To serve:
- In each taco shell spoon one twelth of meat mixture, top with 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh tomato,, 1/4 cup lettuce and top with 1 teaspoon of good quality grated cheese.
- DO NOT be tempted to add commercial taco sauces, sour cream etc... over the top. You don't need it - add a teaspoon of mashed avocado instead :-)