Sweet Potato Crisps with Sea Salt & Rosemary
Home made crisps? Yes!
Sweet potatoes - washed, leaving skin on
1 tablespoon oil (I use virgin olive oil for everything)
Rock sea salt
Fresh rosemary sprigs, very finely chopped
- If you have a mandolin or food processor this is by the far the best way to slice your chips - I chose the crinkle cut blade of my cheap $5 ebay mandolin
- If you don't have a mandolin, slice the sweet potatoes finely by hand - about as thick as a 4 standard business cards stacked together, no thicker
- Place oil in a large metal bowl and toss slices gently until they are coated
- Lay out chips flat on a large tray lined with baking paper
- Sprinkle with crushed rock salt & finely chopped rosemary
- Bake on SLOW (120-130 c) for up to two hours, checking regularly for overbaking/burning
- Place on a wire rack to cool and crisp up
- Deliciously good & worth the effort!