Spinach Zucchini and Feta Fritters
Submitted by Sina Bliss from Mum Power
For the Yogurt Dip:
1½ cups greek yogurt
4 cloves garlic
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
For the Fritters:
2 medium zucchini, grated
3 handfuls spinach, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup minced fresh herbs (e.g. chives and oregano)
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Handful Spring onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil, for frying
- In a blender combine all of the Dip ingredients. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the grated zucchini in a strainer over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt to draw out the liquid and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, wring all of the liquid out using your hands and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, spinach, feta, herbs, eggs, spring onion, and garlic. Stir to mix well. Then sprinkle in the flour and baking powder, a bit at a time, until it all is incorporated and holding together.
- Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Scoop batter into pan and form fritters. Fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the fritters on a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil, and serve warm with the Dip.