Speedy Spinach Curry with Toasted Cashews
A speedy curry for two people, using food of the week olive oil
20 g unsalted cashew nuts
Red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons rogan josh curry paste
100 g paneer cheese (or haloumi)
200 g baby spinach
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat and toast the cashew nuts as it heats up, shaking the pan occasionally until lightly golden.
- Tip the cashews into a pestle and mortar, returning the pan to the heat.
- Peel and finely slice the onion and place in the hot pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the curry paste.
- Cook and stir for 8 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- Let the vinegar cook away for 30 seconds, dice and add the paneer, then the spinach.
- Stir until the spinach wilts and all the liquid evaporates, then taste and season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
- Crush the cashew nuts and sprinkle over the top before serving. Yum.