Get your leafy greens!
1 x tablespoon your choice oil (coconut, olive, macadamia)
1 x chopped onion
2 x large potatoes, chopped roughly
1-2 teaspoons garlic
3 x celery sticks
150 g (big bunch) of fresh parsley, stems removed, chopped roughly
900ml vegetable stock
Salt & pepper to taste
This recipe came about after having way too much parsley in the garden and a bumper potato crop - parsley is a great source of vitamin C. If you don't like the taste of parsley, then this recipe is NOT for you
- Fry off potatoes, celery, garlic and onion until onion is soft
- Add vegetable stock and parsley.
- Bring to boil then reduce to simmer until potatoes are soft (20+ minutes)
- Put soup mixture into food processor and blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of natural yoghurt to soup when serving
OR... add approx 1/3 cup or more of natural yoghurt to soup when blending Be sure to cool off soup mixture before blending with yoghurt as the yoghurt may curdle soup if added when still boiling hot.