Healthy Crumble Recipe (Quick & Easy)
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut (I prefer shredded for texture)
1/2 cup nuts (I prefer macadamias)
80 ml maple syrup or warmed honey
Reserved tinned fruit juice (see below)
Large 800g tin of fruit - pineapple, pie apple, apricots, plums in JUICE not syrup (added sugar with syrup) - keep juice for binding crumble
Nutmeg or cinnamon for seasoning
- This is a quick, easy and healthy option for a hot pudding during the cooler months.
- Yes, fresh fruit is always good but this is a convenience recipe version for those of us who might be time or ingredient poor.
- Blitz/blend coconut, macadamias & oats in small food processor for about 10 -15 seconds (you still want it to be lumpy for texture)
- Tip into small bowl and add maple syrup/honey
- Mix together with small amounts of reserved tinned fruit juice until ingredients are wet (but not sopping)
- Add cinnamon or nutmeg to tinned fruit if desired and spread over base of an ovenproof dish
- Spread crumble mix over the top and bake until crumble is golden brown
- Serve with yoghurt
My personal favourite is a large tin of chopped pineapple pieces - there's something about hot pineapple crumble that really appeals to my tastebuds!