750g Cauliflower (1 large cauliflower)
1 tablespoon oil of your choice (I use olive oil)
3 cups stock (Vegetable, Chicken)
1-2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard (optional)
Coarse black pepper
Because of the method of cooking the cauliflower for this soup, it's a very mild cauliflower flavour
- Cut cauliflower into small even sized pieces (including stems)
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan and stir fry the cauliflower until golden and soft.
- It's important to stir fry until cauliflower has colour or is caramelized as this is what adds flavour to the soup - the soup will be more brown when blended, but it will taste great.
- Add stock to the pan, cover and simmer for approx 20-30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add approx 1/3 - 1/2 cup natural yoghurt to mix, stir through.
- Add batches of soup mix to blender and blend until super smooth..
- Return to large pan, heat through and season with salt and pepper (if desired)
Serve with extra tablespoon natural yoghurt if you like tangy soup