BBQ paprika prawns with green cream
Served with a creamy avocado dressing these paprika prawns are the perfect gluten-free finger food!
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
2 small garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
24 medium green king prawns, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
125g cream cheese, chopped
1 small avocado
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 Lebanese cucumbers
Lemon zest, to serve
- Place the paprika, lemon rind, garlic and oil in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper & add prawns.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat a greased barbecue plate on medium heat.
- Cook prawns for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a heatproof dish & set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese, avocado, basil, parsley, chives and lemon juice in a small food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Trim and discard ends of cucumbers.
- Cut into 1cm-thick rounds & place on a serving plate.
- Dollop 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture onto each cucumber round.
- Top each with 1 prawn & serve sprinkled with lemon zest.