Baked Passionfruit Custards
2 passion fruit
4 large eggs
175ml coconut milk
3 tablespoons stevia or maple syrup
1 teaspoon orange flower water
- Preheat the overn to 180 degrees
- Halve the passionfruit, scoop out the flesh from three (3) of the halves & push the pulp through a sieve into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to remove the seeds
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl.
- Add the passion fruit juice, coconut milk, stevia and orange flower water & whisk until smooth and airy (hand electric mixer is fine too)
- Pour the passion fruit custard into four (4) ramekins, and place them in a roasting tray.
- Pour in boiling water to tray until it reaches half way up the side of the ramekins
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until just set
- Scoop the remaining pulp from the passion fruit and spoon a little onto each dish
- Serve immediately warm or cover and cill in the fridge for up to 8 hours