WANT TO GET ACTIVE AFTER PREGNANCY?
If you’re answer is YES then please read on.
There is a lot of talk about Mums and walking groups, but I wanted to touch base and tell you why you might want to consider joining a group fitness class specifically designed for post-natal women.
- More than 50% of post natal women suffer pelvic floor dysfunction (walking will not fix this)
- More than 50% of post natal women suffer back and neck pain (walking will not fix this)
- More than 50% of post natal women suffer from postural issues (walking will not fix this)
I am all for getting out and getting active especially in this cooler weather and I love walking. However, as a post natal Mum there are MANY things you need to be aware of before you recommence any exercise program. Further, you need to engage the services of a certified safe return to exercise instructor who has been trained in assisting new Mums to get active again after pregnancy.
- Help you with CORRECT pelvic floor activation exercises (not more leaking when you sneeze)
- Assist you with neck and back pain by working on your upper body and back strength
- Monitor and improve your postural issues through gentle strengthening exercises
We are QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED and fully insured to work with new Mums. Regardless of the type of birth you may have had, there are several exercises you SHOULD NOT be doing until at least 12 weeks post natal, but there are A LOT of exercises you can be doing and with the proper supervision you can achieve amazing results. We’d love to help you get active again J
Pram Power – Bring your bub and your Pram @ Arana Hills on Thursdays & Samford on Wednesdays
If you live on the northside of Brisbane, then we have a class that’s sure to suit you.